Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Christmas Toilet Paper- It May be Better to Just Wipe Your Butt With Dollars

For those unaware, I do not speak or read Japanese and rely on the Rinkya staff (and google!) for my translations.  I came across this adorable toilet paper the other day on a Japanese shopping website-



Cute,  right?  Then I saw the price- 11371 yen (approximately $145 USD) for toilet paper?? (now it was for 30 rolls, 10 each design, but still....)
I figured I missed something in the translation so I emailed a Rinkya staff member for help!  This being Japan and the capital of gadgetry of the world- I wondered- 
Does it wipe for you?  
Does it sing christmas carols?
The disappointing answer was it is 30 rolls of recycled white toilet paper.
Yep that Christmas design you see is only the COVER for the 30 rolls of plain white toilet paper.
I don't get it, I guess there are just some culture differences I will never understand, and paying $145 for toilet paper is certainly one of them!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wipe Out!!!

MARKed TRAIL said...

WHAT A WAY TO CLEAN UP!

(I surprised you were surprised by this.
Japanese love to waste money smaller items like LV bags and crap since owning bigger things like a real house is impossible for most folks under 35 because of Japan "Lost Decade" that's has been going on since 1992.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Template by Jolt Studios